Skip Navigation

[Resolved] We had "Types" on our site and uninstalled it because it was no longer supported

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

...this wrecked the subsite we made with it. I bought the new version of Toolset Types, hoping that if I install this plugin the site will still work. However I'm not exactly sure which plugin(s) to install because there is one under Legacy. Thanks -Rich

However I'm not exactly sure which plugin(s) to install because there is one under Legacy.
Hello, even if one of the existing plugins is now classified as "legacy", I suggest you install the same plugins that existed before the Types update. The exception is Types - instead of the free version of Types, you should download the latest version from https://toolset.com/account/downloads and install it manually. If you have not made a backup of your site files and database yet, it's a good idea to create a backup before performing the various plugin upgrades. Deactivate and delete the older version of Types from wp-admin > Plugins > Installed Plugins. Then upload the new one from wp-admin > Plugins > Add New.

Once Types has been upgraded, you should be able to use the Toolset automatic installer to handle updates for the other plugins. You can find the automatic installer by going to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New, then clicking the "Commercial" tab. If you experience problems during the automatic updates, you can always download the plugin files from the Toolset downloads area, then manually install them in wp-admin.

Let me know if you have questions, or if I've misunderstood what you want to accomplish.

It looks good! Thanks for your help and patience trying to get what you needed. Obviously I'm not a web person and have to rely on others for answers.
Fantastic, I appreciate your patience and understanding as well! I hope that future plugin updates are trouble-free, but if unexpected issues arise, feel free to reach out.

For security/privacy reasons, please remove this ticket from the public forum.
I can make each individual reply private, but I don't have the ability to make an entire ticket private. Our support policy dictates the forum is public, so private threads not available. If making each individual reply private is not sufficient, I can ask our systems team to remove the post. For now, I've made each individual reply private. You can check the site in an incognito browser soon to see this update. A caching layer is in place on the site, so it may take some time (the ballpark is hours, not days) for that change to propagate to all servers in the caching system and show up on the live site.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.