Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I see a PHP warning in the error logs:

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in [...]\wp-content\plugins\types\vendor\toolset\types\embedded\includes\wpml.php on line 650

Solution: Update to Types 3.3 to get the fix for this issue.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

FYI: we see the following php warning:

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in [...]\wp-content\plugins\types\vendor\toolset\types\embedded\includes\wpml.php on line 650

Not a fatal error, but still: it shows up. Maybe you can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, there was a similar known issue in Types that was resolved in Types 3.3: https://toolset.com/errata/php-7-3-shows-warnings-about-continue-statement-in-types/

Can you tell me if your software is up-to-date?
If the software is up-to-date and the problem persists, I'll need to take a closer look. Please provide your site's debug information with your next reply, as described here: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

My apologies! I had switched to a localhost environment where toolset plugins were not yet updated to the latest version. After updating this issue was resolved. Thanks!

OK great!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.