Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 'Warning: Cannot modify header information' with CPT since WP 5.3 update

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by pabloV-3 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot_2019-12-05 Edit Post Type ‹ COPAKE AUCTION INC — WordPress.png
Screenshot_2019-12-05 Edit Content Template ‹ COPAKE AUCTION INC — WordPress.png

CPT 'Auctions' (page template)
hidden link
has since WP 5.3 update experienced Warning errors when editing/updating this CPT/Content Template :

Warning: parse_url() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/copakeauction/www/www/staging/wp-includes/media.php on line 4246

Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/copakeauction/www/www/staging/wp-includes/media.php on line 4253

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/copakeauction/www/www/staging/wp-includes/media.php:4246) in /home/copakeauction/www/www/staging/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1265

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/copakeauction/www/www/staging/wp-includes/media.php:4246) in /home/copakeauction/www/www/staging/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1268

Here are the lines from the plugins indicated in warning:

/home/copakeauction/www/www/staging/wp-includes/pluggable.php

lines 1252-1272

/**
* Filters the X-Redirect-By header.
* Allows applications to identify themselves when they're doing a redirect.
* @since 5.1.0
* @param string $x_redirect_by The application doing the redirect.
* @param int $status Status code to use.
* @param string $location The path to redirect to.
*/
$x_redirect_by = apply_filters( 'x_redirect_by', $x_redirect_by, $status, $location );
if ( is_string( $x_redirect_by ) ) {
header( "X-Redirect-By: $x_redirect_by" );
}

header( "Location: $location", true, $status );

return true;
}
endif;

/home/copakeauction/www/www/staging/wp-includes/media.php

lines 1241-1253

/**
* To make sure the ID matches our image src, we will check to see if any sizes in our attachment
* meta match our $image_src. If no matches are found we don't return a srcset to avoid serving
* an incorrect image. See #35045.
*/
$src_matched = false;

/*
* Loop through available images. Only use images that are resized
* versions of the same edit.
*/
foreach ( $image_sizes as $image ) {
$is_src = false;

-------------------------

** NOTE *** This is a simple Content Template setup and worked perfectly until recent update. All other CPT, templates/views are working fine.
Let me know if you need WP login access to the staging server. I've waited patiently for 2-3 weeks for resolve w/an update for toolset without change.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

This error is already reported for post types with repeating image field:
https://toolset.com/errata/repeating-image-and-file-fields-produce-php-warnings-with-wordpress-5-3/

A fix for this is planned to be covered in the upcoming Types version 3.3.8 and I'll keep you updated through this ticket.
( it is expected to be out very soon )

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi James,

I'd like to share that a fix for this issue has been included in the latest release of Toolset Types.

You're welcome to update and let us know in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 7.25.21 AM.png

I installed the latest version of Toolset Types 3.4.7 and the issue is still present in my client's website. See screenshot attached.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.