Skip Navigation

[Resolved] visual editor tab not active

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The visual editor tab in my custom post editor is not active. I want to use the visual editor tab.

Solution: Update all Toolset plugins to their latest versions and clear browser cache.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Franco Calcagni 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
visual.jpg

After the update to WordPress 5 the visual editor of custom post does not allow to click on VISUAL EDITOR TAB.
We already tried to upgrade the PHP version to 7.2 but in that case we get an error of functions.php that does not interpret the name of custom post type correctly.
Any help on this?

Hi, please try the following troubleshooting steps first:
- Update all Toolset plugins to the latest versions. For the best results, update in order:
1. Types
3. Layouts
4. Forms
5. Access
6. Maps
- Deactivate all non-Toolset plugins temporarily and activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen or Twenty Nineteen.
- Clear your browser cache
- Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns.
- Open the browser console and copy any JavaScript errors you see in the post editor page. Paste those errors in your next reply.

Let me know the results of these tests and we can go from there.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! It was just a problem of updating the Toolset plugins.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.