Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views tab missing in export/import

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stirea 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I don't see the problem on your site, either.

You'll see that I added a page "Nigel".

I inserted a View block and created a new View—Nigel 1—where I added a Query Filter for Actu.

After saving and reloading the page I added a second View block, and copied the existing Nigel 1 View.

I renamed it to Nigel 2, and added the Query Filter for sortir.

After saving and reloading the page I added a third View block, again copying the existing Nigel 1 View.

I renamed that one to Nigel 3, and added the Query Filter for sports.

It all looks correct, no problems, and if I go to Toolset > Views I can see my three "Nigel" Views there.

The only issue I found was that when I was inserting one of the copied Views I made a mistake and reloaded the page without actually saving it, and I found that a copy of the View had been created even though it wasn't being used, so I deleted from unwanted View from Toolset > Views.

If you are experiencing problems doing the same, on the same live site, it could be a JS caching issue.

Clear your browser cache and do a hard reload, or try in a different browser you haven't used on the site before.

Does that make any difference?

Ok, sure.

Here is the link for the video: hidden link

If you want to spare some time:
- you can go straight to timeline 5:00 when I am about to add the third view.
- and straight to 9:20 where I am about to stumble upon the issue.

Oups, sorry Nigel. I have just submitted the video info and I haven't seen your latest feedback at that moment. I am about to check it out right now.

Hello Nigel,

Ok, you got it! I have redone everything using another browser (firefox instead of chrome) and everything works fine now!

There is a last minor thing: a debug information window pops up when using firefox and loading the content page we have been working on in this ticket ( see screencast: hidden link ). Is it expected? Is there a settings to turn off somewhere (If so, I haven't found it).

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Did I turn that on? Don't recall that.

Anyway, it's at Toolset > Settings > Front-end Content.

Hi Nigel,

Ok, I have found it.

Here comes the time to close this ticket! 🙂

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all the support and assistance you have provided me with. I am conscious of all the time and effort you put into this ticket and I greatly appreciate it. You get a 10 star rating out of 5!

And know that you have turned me into a serial browser hard refresh guy! 🙂 I was not fully aware of that JS caching issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.