Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views -> Slider – [wpv-woo-related_products], No Slider is created.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:
I am trying to create a slider from the related products shortcode [wpv-woo-related_products] using views - Display Results as Slider.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Related products within a slider.

Instead, I got:
An unorganized list of related products.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 10.34.35.png
Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.23.png

In your Layout template for products you have a cell that includes the wpv-woo-related_products shortcode, that's what we are referring to, right?

That shortcode doesn't take any arguments to modify its output (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-woo-related_products), and it uses the WooCommerce API to reproduce what WC itself outputs for related products on standard product templates (second screenshot).

If you want to display a slider of related products then, in place of the wpv-woo-related_products shortcode, you would need to create a slider View for that of other products of the same category, for example.

"If you want to display a slider of related products then, in place of the wpv-woo-related_products shortcode, you would need to create a slider View for that of other products of the same category, for example."

Yes, that is what I want. Now that we know what I want. Can you give me instructions or show me the documentation with for this specific topic?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Paul

Yes, sorry, here's the link to the documentation describing using Views to make a slider from posts: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.