Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views slider not happening

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Views slider not loading the correct page

Solution:
User were using identical slug for both page and post type that is why it was not loading the correct page, instead it was loading the archive.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/views-slider-not-happening/#post-623166

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by juliaM-5 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.30.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.29.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.29.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.29.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.29.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.28.10 PM.png

I am trying to create a bare bones slider that contains View of CPT Artworks. I have followed tutorials and quadruple checked, yet cannot fathom why, instead of the slider, I get a list of linked post titles which take me to the post on a new page. I'm using Toolset with Divi. I've tried creating the slide layout using Divi and when that didn't work, just created a basic layout within the View template editor. No change.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: slider

Instead, I got: list of CPT with links to a new page

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I need to check on your setup why slider view is not working on your install.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - the reason why it was not working is you have same slug assigned to page "artwork" and you have post type "artwork" so both page and post type slug were same and it was calling the post type archive page.

I've changed the slug of your page to "artwork-1" and I can see that it's calling the correct page and slider is also displayed and working correctly:
=> hidden link

Thank you very much Minesh!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.