Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views Slider Loads 3 WooCommerce products – two products don’t show their image

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am using Views to create a slider showing Product images using the wpv-woo-product-image shortcode. The correct Products are included in the slider, but only the first image appears. None of the other images can be seen.

Solution: Add shortcode attributes to the wpv-woo-product-image shortcode to prevent conflicts between the Views shortcode and Avada's Fusion Slider and Product Gallery code:

[wpv-woo-product-image size='recent-posts' output='img_tag' enable_third_party_filters='no' gallery_on_listings='no']

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-woo-product-image

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by DavidH606 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Create a Featured Product Slider, it should show the product image, title and description

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (expires in 24 hours)

I expected to see: 3 slides, each with a product image.

Instead, I got: 3 slides (Shoe 1 - Shoe 3), but only one has a product image showing. All products have images ok.

I have tried;
checking everything is up to date.
Chrome Console Errors - none showing
Clearing my cache
clearing my cookies
different browser
wp cli fix db
wp cli optimize db
wp cli transient delete
Core Rebuild
Woocommerce old versions- current back to 2.6
Moving from local development to my web servers, 2 different accounts
Switching to parent (Avada) & twentyseventeen theme
de activating all plugins apart from woocommerce, woocommerce views, views and types
Much Googling

I've just tried this in another woocommerce installation, exact same problem. The slider onlys shows the first slides image. All others after that are not shown.

Hi, sorry for the delayed response. We are working through a backlog of requests and trying to catch up. Unfortunately the links expired before I had a chance to look. If it's possible to provide a new link, please do so here. I will take a look as soon as I can.

Thanks Christian, update link below, valid for 24 hours from 10:05 gmt.

hidden link

Can you check now? I changed the template to be:

<div class="featured-slider">
	<div class="featured-slide-img">[wpv-woo-product-image size='recent-posts' output='img_tag' enable_third_party_filters='no' gallery_on_listings='no']</div>
	<div class="featured-slide-desc">[wpv-post-link]</div>
</div>

Awesome thanks Christian, thats it working!
For future reference what did I do wrong?

These attributes on the wpv-woo-product-image shortcode were not included:

output='img_tag' enable_third_party_filters='no' gallery_on_listings='no'

Without them, Avada's Product Gallery and Fusion Slider code and configurations can cause some conflicts with our shortcode.

Thanks for the explanation, not used to working with other peoples themes 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.