Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views slider isn't loading next images

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi 🙂

I wanted to post this as a ticket, but I don't think there's an option to select chat or ticket

This is related to this ticket: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/slider-isnt-loading-next-images/

I've done as asked in the ticket.

I disabled all plugins except "toolset views" and "toolset types" and changed the theme to twenty nineteen.

There was no reason to activate the plugins one by one, as it was not working with twenty nineteen theme and only the two toolset plugins active.

Hope you can help me solve this in a different way.

Thanks so much for your time
Best regards,
Lykke

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Lykke,

Thank you for waiting.

During troubleshooting, I discovered an issue which affects taxonomy views, only when pagination with AJAX is enabled.

Appreciate you brought this forward and I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further review. I'll keep you updated with the progress through this ticket.

For now, you can remove the shortcode "[wpv-post-body view_template="Tema slider - slide"]" from your view "Tema slider" and instead load the content from the loop item directly, by placing it in between the tags <wpv-loop> & </wpv-loop>.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you very much 🙂

I'm glad you've found the issue.

About the temporary solution, does this mean I have to style the slider without bootstrap?

Thanks,
Lykke

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Lykke

Waqar has holidays this week, let me jump in here.

The problem arises when the View output uses a linked content template to group together the fields and any other content that will be output for each post.

You achieve the same results—but not suffer from the ajax issue—if you move the markup from the linked content template and place it all directly between the wpv-loop tags.

If you used the Loop Wizard to produce the markup in the Loop Editor required to display the results using a Bootstrap grid then it will have included the wpv-post-body shortcode that links to the template several times (once for each column).

To continue with this Bootstrap grid, you need to replace every wpv-post-body shortcode with the whole markup from the linked template, meaning you will re-use the same markup several times within the same Loop Output section.

But it should continue to work as before in terms of the output layout.

I wrapped the content in <div class="col-sm-4"></div> and it worked. The slider is doing great.

Thanks
Lykke

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Lykke,

I'd like to update that a fix for this issue has been included in the releases of Toolset Views (3.1.0) and Blocks (1.1.0) plugins.

You're welcome to update and let us know, in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.