Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views shortcode not rendering

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by JorgeE7101 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello.

I've got an issue with the views. I have the following view:

[wpv-view name="Related Articles Toolset Child"]

I've also tried with the slug "related-articles-toolset-child"

But only the shortcode shows up on the page, not the view I'm trying to output.

I'm using the Genesis framework.

Could you please help me out with this?

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Usually when the shortcode isn't rendering on the frontend its either 1 of 2 things. Either you don't have the views plugin enabled or you've added the shortcode to an editor that doesn't process shortcodes.

Ensure that you've added the shortcode to a WYSIWYG editor.

Please let me know the results of these checks.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I'm using it inside a WYSIWYG editor. Actually I got other views elsewhere on the site and those are working.

However, when I put a view inside a taxonomy term field (WYSIWYG editor) it doesn't render. I have used this before and worked, but now it's not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jorge,

Could you provide me with access to the site so that I can have a look at this ?

If it doesn't work it could be that wordpress has removed support for shortcodes here but I would need to check to see what is happening.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for looking into this.

I've got duplicator installed if you need to create a copy of the site to dig deeper. Because this is the live site it would be better if you could copy it before any changes are made.

This is one of the pages where it should display and you can see the shortcode in the Kruger section.

hidden link

The taxonomy is called "viagens"

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for the credentials.

However when I checked they don't seem to have admin privileges. I will need admin access in order to fully check on the issue for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Sorry about that.

I've just added the admin credentials.

Thanks.

Hi, Shane is out today on a public holiday and will return tomorrow to continue assisting you. Thanks for your patience.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for the patience.

I was able to have a look at this for you and found the issue. The problem you are using "output='raw'" to display the text field. What this does is that it is going to render the fields with their exact database value.

So the shortcode and any formatting in the editor will not get processed by wordpress itself. Removing this solves the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

That's strange. It has been working so far. Something might have changed in the meantime, but what matters is that I can fix it.

Thanks a lot!

TC

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.