Skip Navigation

[Resolved] VIEWS: Separate Map from Results and Search filters

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I would like to create the following layout:

ROW 1 (2 COLS)
SEARCH FILTERS | MAP

ROW 2 (1 COL)
RESULTS LIST

I know I can separate the results from the search filters but the map is a vital part of the results so the layout mentioned above (map right next to filters and results below) seems to be impossible. Also although everything is on one page It is impossible to use the [wpv-found-count] shortcode in the search filter area).

I tried to create 2 views - one with the filters and the map and one with the filters and a simple results list and put the latter in the second row (and display only the results) but having two search views for the same search does not seem to update properly. When I then change the filters the map updates but the list does not.

What am I doing wrong? I would expect this not to be too complicated.

Thanks in advance

TL;DR: I think it would be a useful addition to have an option to display only the map from a parametric search to have some flexibility for placing it.

Hello,

It needs only one post view, for example:
Create a post view:
- in section "Search and Pagination", you can setup one row with two columns, the left column displays the search filters, the right column display the map shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/maps/maps-shortcodes/#wpv-map-render

- in section "Loop Editor", display the post information + map marker shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/maps/maps-shortcodes/#wpv-map-marker

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.