Skip Navigation

[Closed] Views & Relationships

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have created a Content Template and post relationship to show all the courses by an instructor in my content template. Currently, when I do it says the dynamic content didn't find any results.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, I followed this Youtube Video hidden link
and also this forum https://toolset.com/forums/topic/relationship-of-dynamically-created-child-post/
Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not sure
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

When you edit the posts in the backend post edit screens, can you see that your posts are connected?

If you have a one-to-many (or parent-child) relationship, you can display the one (the parent) directly, just by specifying that the source for a field should be the related post, but to display the many (the children) you need to create a View to display them.

So if you have a one-to-many relationship of instructor-courses then in the content template for instructors, to display their courses you need to insert a View. In the template for courses if you want to display the instructor, you can just insert the post title using the Single Field block and specifying the related instructor as the source.

I followed exactly the steps you listed above. Here is step by step details of what I did:

1. Registered as a New User on my website from front end
2. Applied to be an instructor using the Tool set Front End Form
3. Approved the new user to have instructor access
4. Added new courses from front end as a New User
5. Verified in the backend that new courses are published and live
6. Verified in the backend that new instructor has been published on Archive Page I created using Toolset
7. Now, in the Toolset Template added a new view to show all courses of an instructor

The error I get is there are no posts to display. Am I doing anything wrong ?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share where exactly you added the form as well as the flow I will require to follow.

Also, share where you added the view, do you mean you want to display the related course of specific instructor, If yes, I would like to have access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

It seems you are using some third party plugin that offers the "Course" post type.

I followed the steps you mentioned:
- I created a new user "toolset-instructor" and set its role as "instructor"
- Then I login using the user "toolset-instructor" and I can see the following page where I can see "Add New" button:
=> hidden link
- When I click on the "Add New" button, it shows message "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.".

Can you please tell me how can I create a new course logged in as instructor role?

The topic ‘[Closed] Views & Relationships’ is closed to new replies.