[Closed] Views problem

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Martin 8 years ago.

Assigned support staff: bruce.

Author

I'm new to Types/Views and am trying to learn how to use it by setting up a simple test site from scratch using the Views base theme, but I cannot get Views to function.
I've added a type called Artists (just a header, text body and an image). I've also added a few artists and I can get them to show (without the image though) using the slug in the url. So I guess Types is working for me.
Then I want to display the artists using views, so I followed the simple instructions in https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/ and inserted the view in a page. The view is quite simple, normal view, filter out post types of artists, no pagination etc.
Problem is, the view does not show any artists, just an empty table (with layout grid). Same goes with views in widgets aswell.
source html of the empty result is:
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<table width="100%">

<tr><td></td>

<td></td></tr>

<tr><td></td>

<td></td></tr>

</table>

<!-- wpv-loop-end -->

I'm using types 1.02b3 and views 1.1b3 on wordpress 3.4.1, also php 5.3.6 on mamp 2.0.5.

It is pretty hard to learn how to use something that is not working.
Any help would be appreciated.

bruce
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Australia/Perth (GMT+08:00)

Hi Martin,

Have you added any fields to your View Layout? Go to the View Layout section of your View and Click on "Add field". Then select a basic field like "Title with a link".

After that you can then add other fields to display the information you want.

Best regards,
Bruce.

Hm... That piece of information was missing from the user guide. Also, there is a problem with google chrome on mac. The "Add field" button does not work. Changing browser made it work though. Perhaps this should be noted in the user guides.

Thank you very much for your help.

The topic ‘[Closed] Views problem’ is closed to new replies.