Skip Navigation

[Closed] Views not sorting by Menu ID

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ross Fisher 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Ross Fisher.

Author

I am trying to:
Sort items by their Menu ID

I expected to see:
A sorted list by Menu ID

Instead, I got:

The setting "Order By : Menu ID" is completly ignored no matter if I choose "DESC" or "ASC" no matter if I update to the latest Views Version (which is destroying the site completly - because of being even more bloated an adding a bunch og s.... to the source code),

So the sorting has worked some Views versions ago, why has it stpped working?

Thank you for contacting Toolset support, I'd be delighted to assist!

I see that you are running PHP 5.3 which is no longer supported by Toolset or WordPress. It's a wonder your site is working at all or hasn't been compromised yet!

I could not duplicate the issue using WordPress 4.4 and the recommended PHP version of 5.6. For reference, I am running the latest Toolset plugins on the latest WordPress version along with Apache 2.4, PHP 5.6 and MySQL 5.6.

Here is a link to the WordPress documentation regarding PHP version: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Not only will updating PHP and MySQL increase site speed, but it should fix this issue and offer security to prevent your site from being compromised.

The topic ‘[Closed] Views not sorting by Menu ID’ is closed to new replies.