Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views / Maps Sort by distance incorrect if distance is 0.0 miles

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

OK, please provide your staging site credentials and FTP access in below private message box, and I need to deacitvate plugins/theme, please backup your website first.

I have tried the SFTP access you provided, it is not valid, I get this error message:
Error: FATAL ERROR: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)
Error: Could not connect to server

Please check it, thanks

FTP options on Kinsta aren't great. I'll go ahead and do the duplicator package. It'll be 2.78GB. Please setup my next reply so I can provide the link.

Duplicator times out before it can build the package. I'm going to try a different approach where I can more easily give you ftp access to a staging copy but on a different host. Standby.

I have made a copy of the site on a different host and setup ftp and WP Admin access for toolset there. Please set my next reply to private so I can send you the login and ftp info.

Also, Waqan is working on my other issue with Views, ARI Fancy Lightbox and FooGallery on the same staging site so you may want to coordinate with each other.

Here is a test site with your database dump file + The latest version of Toolset plugins:
hidden link
username/password: send to you with email: sle***@slewis.org

Search with "Sudbury, MA 01776, USA", it works fine:
hidden link

I can see the item "KT Fenton" is in first place.

If you can exclude the compatibility issue, then it should be a server issuse, according to our support policy, we don't provide support for server issue.

I suggest you try to get the PHP/SERVER debug logs, and check it with your hosts provider.

Luo, something is still wrong. The 01776 search does not work on the live site or its main staging both of which are on Kinsta hosting but now it also does not work on my staging copy on a VPS at InMotion Hosting. Two different hosting companies, two different servers.

On the InMotion hosted version, if I re-save the KT Fenton partner CPT, it then comes up properly in search. That may suggest something is going wrong with its cached location since the location cache only refreshes when an address is saved.

However, that doesn't seem to work on the live site hosted on Kinsta. There is nothing significant in debug.log if I turn on WP DEBUG and log it then try the search. There are no errors logged in the server error log.

It should be a compatibility/server issue of your website, it works fine in my localhost and the test site I provided above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/views-maps-sort-by-distance-incorrect-if-distance-is-0-0-miles/page/2/#post-1527905

To clear the map cache, you can try these:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Maps
clicking the "Load stored data" button

See our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/maps/data-caching-for-google-maps-addresses/

If it is a server problem, you will can check these debug logs:
- PHP debug logs
- Mysql debug logs
- Nginx debug logs

You might ask your server provider to get those debug logs.

Hi Luo,

Removing locations from Toolset | Settings | Maps | Load Stored Data actually makes things worse. I removed the 01776 entries and now they don't come up in the search results at all. See your test server at hidden link and search 01776 to see what I mean.

That removes the cached locations but they don't get re-cached until they are changed and saved by editing the post with the address field as far as I can tell. Maybe displaying them on a map would also re-cache them.

There is no documented way for we customers to clear and re-populate the Maps stored data cache that actually works. On a site with hundreds or thousands of posts with addresses, editing them one at a time and saving them is not practical. And the search uses the cache so the cache is pretty important.

There are no MySQL, PHP or Server errors on my two different hosts and servers yet the problem persists. Is there any way to ask the development team for some tips on how I can better troubleshoot this myself if it is outside the scope of what Toolset support can help with?

For the original problem of this thread: Sort by distance incorrect if distance is 0.0 miles
The problem only exsists in your hosts and servers, it works fine in my localhost and test site.
So it should be a compatibility/server issue, see my answer above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/views-maps-sort-by-distance-incorrect-if-distance-is-0-0-miles/page/2/#post-1526153

If you need assistance to locate the problem, please provide a test site with the same problem, fill below private message box with credentials and FTP access in below private message box

Please make sure both the credentials and FTP access are valid.

You can close this ticket. We are moving to different hosting with MySQL instead of MariaDB and it seems to solve this along with using the latest version of Views that we can now use because we removed FooGallery which seems to be incompatible. Would like to see Toolset make their plugins more compatible with MariaDB and FooGallery but can't afford to pour more time into it from our side.

In my localhost with your database dump file + MariaDB, the distance filter works fine, see my answer above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/views-maps-sort-by-distance-incorrect-if-distance-is-0-0-miles/#post-1525963

For FooGallery issue, it seems to be a compatibility issue. If you need more assistance, please create a new ticket for it, and describe detail steps to duplicate the same problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.