Skip Navigation

[Closed] Views layout not updating

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I’m currently using types/views for teachers to upload homework for their students.

We’ve an issue with view layout which isn’t updating when a document is deleted/removed. The only way to update to show the new document is to update the post ordering field to title, then back to date and the new document will then display.

I’ve spoken to the host to see if there was any server side caching that could be causing any issue and they’ve confirmed its not. I also don’t have any caching plugin - or any other plugins with caching enabled.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

When you say the layout isn't updating, do you mean that the list of results output by the View doesn't update to reflect new/deleted posts?

Views has an internal caching mechanism which should be busted whenever content that would affect the results are added or removed, but you can disable this for a particular View by adding the cached="off" attribute to the wpv-view shortcode where you insert the View.

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-view

I can't tell from your question ("...when a document is deleted/removed... show the new document...") when the problem happens.

If you have details of how the content is being added, or removed, I can try to reproduce the problem.

The topic ‘[Closed] Views layout not updating’ is closed to new replies.