Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views infinite scroll bug

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by poM 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

poM

I am trying to:
Display the 40 first elements by clicking on the Load more button

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The 40 first elements

Instead, I got:
Elements 21-40

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Not sure I understand the issue fully as when I click the Load more button it loads the rest of the results.

The page initially loads with just 20 items but then when I click load more I get 32 items.

Thanks,
Shane

poM

Hi,

When you click Load more for the first time, you will get items from 21 to 40 (that is the second page). You may view it by checking that the first item is not showing...

When you click Load more the second time, you will get 32 items...whereas there are 52 items.

Cheers.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Have you tried to disable all the non-toolset plugins and trying again ?

If this doesn't help would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response. This way I can have a more detailed look to see your view's setup.

Thanks,
Shane

poM

Hi,

I can't afford to disable all plugins, our project has gone live 1 hour ago.

I found a workaround by adding a fake query string to the URL /projects (/projects?wpv_view_count=58382, this is a pretty ugly workaround.

Cheers

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Happy to see that you were able to come up with a workaround however I would still need to assess the issue.

Would you mind if I took a copy of your website for further testing?

This way I can disable the plugins and check the view without interfering with your live site.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

poM

Hi,
Thanks for your proposal but this will be a lot of work for an issue for which a workaround has been found.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.