Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views filtering with Visual Composer's Advanced Grid Builder

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.29 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Brent Urbanski 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

I am trying to utilize the powerful search, sorting and filtering functionality of Views and output the results with Visual Composer's Post Masonry Grid (and Grid Builder). Do you know if this is possible?

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Brent,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support.

- You can create Masonry Grid with Visual Composer and assign to your Posts.
- And then insert your View into your page as normally you would. This way VC Grid will be applied on your post items.

Further you can see these docs which can provide you with more details & usage examples:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/benefits-of-templates-for-custom-types-vc/
https://toolset.com/2016/05/toolset-2-1-preview-visual-composer-integration-content-templates/

Thank you

Hi Norman,

The advice and articles you've shared are relate to the use of VC to design Content Templates ('Single' Page Layouts).

I'm trying to create a Custom Search View(Parametric search) and show the search results in a Visual Composer Post Masonry Grid. After extensive testing, I've only had success assigning a Bootstrap grid within the View Loop Output Editor.

Do you know if it's possible to output custom search View results in a VC Post Grid?

Thanks,
Brent

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Brent,

Thank you for providing more details. I am afraid this is not possible at moment. Toolset Views only support the listed methods to select the Views search results output style.

If you would like to have this feature, then please submit this as a Feature Request in a new post and our compatibility team will review your suggestion, as well they are the ones to decide if we are going to offer this future: https://toolset.com/forums/forum/support-2/

Have a great day, Thank you for your understanding.

Norman,

Thank you for your response. I will submit a new feature request.

-Brent

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.