Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views driven D rendering messed up when upgrading plugins

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Upgrade Types from 2.2.16 to 2.2.21 and upgrade Views from 2.4.1 to 2.5.2

I expected to see: Same old site.

Instead, I got:
Layout that is missing some static markup and some views that comprise the WordPress Archive View. Upgrading Types messes up the output. Subsequently updating the Views plugin removes static content and Views from the front end rendered HTML.
Going in the opposite order updating the Views plugin removes static content and Views from the front end rendered HTML. Updating Types has no further impact.

Are there any known issues with upgrades for these plugins?
Do I need & can you provide whatever intermediary version of the plugins to accomplish an update?

Oh, this site is on WPEngine. Just mentioning that because I think that was a problem with something or another at some point.

Dear Chris,

There isn't similar report before, so there isn't such a " intermediary version of the plugins to accomplish an update".
The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, in case it is a compatibility problem, I suggest you check these:
1) you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
2) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
3) Enable PHP debug mode, copy and paste the debug logs here
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.