Skip Navigation

[Closed] Views display converts < and >

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Waqas.

Author
Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 17.22.41.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 17.22.08.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 17.21.33.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 17.20.44.png

I am trying to: display content from a custom WYSIWYG field

I visited this URL: localhost URL

I expected to see: <something>bla

Instead, I got: blank

My content contains < and > from time to time. When edited in the back-end (and CRED) this gets stored in the database as <something>.

The view and preview result however is unexpected. Does not show something or the < and > at all, but display page source shows a newly invented tag called something.

See screenshots (content template used, page source, content template output, HTML in backend editor) for more info. Note that closing tag in page source is added by Safari itself. This is not added in Firefox. Rest is as awful in Firefox.

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for bringing this up. I have observed the same issue when tested on my local host.

I have reported the issue to the relevant Dev Team. They will look into this and will return with a solution.

I will get back to you as soon as I hear back, your cooperation and patience is highly appreciated, thanks.

Any news? Maybe a work-around for now?

Waqas
Supporter

I apologize for a delay in this matter. There's been some technical discussions around it, and matter is still in development. However, I have just asked for a solution again from the Dev Team. I will update you as soon as I hear back.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Waqas
Supporter

Can you please upgrade your Toolset plugins to the latest ones? There are new versions available for these plugins, which you can download from the Downloads page of your wp-types.com account. Or you should be able to upgrade within your Word Press Dashboard -> Plugins page.

Please let me know if it fixes the issue, thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Views display converts < and >’ is closed to new replies.