Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views data not working when it was before

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by barryG-4 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 18.31.40.png

Tell us what you are trying to do? make the site work like it did before even though nothing has been edited.

Hi, on the following page I have a schedule showing staff working. The data there is displayed by ‘views’ for each single day and they relate to two sets of taxonomies, namely ‘this week days’ and ‘next week days’ which are edited from within the ‘Girls’ CPT post editor. Ticks are placed in each girls post for the days and the results, via ‘views’, are shown on the schedule page.

This has always worked and nothing has changed apart from updates. The business has just started working again after the lockdown and so far each girls post has been edited but only ‘Monday this week’ is showing on the schedule page. All the other days, even though girls have been assigned, are showing as TBA which is what should be displayed if no entry is found for that views criteria.

hidden link

Here is the views code for the successful ‘Monday This Week’ view which as you can see, displays the girls names correctly. The code and everything is absolutely the same for all the other day related views but TBA is showing. Can you tell me what might be not working that was working perfectly before without anyone touching the site since it was working last. Please let me know if you need access to to admin.

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<wpv-loop>
[wpv-item index=other]
[wpv-post-link],
[wpv-item index=last]
[wpv-post-link]
</wpv-loop>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-no-items-found]
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]TBA[/wpml-string]
[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Many thanks,
Barry.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No.

Is there a similar example that we can see? Yes, the first Monday shows the girls names perfectly.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

I’ve had to edit the site where the schedule shows (on the schedule page and the home page) so now when you access those pages from the main menu, you’ll see a text area showing the schedule and not the faulty views section I mentioned earlier. This is a temporary solution. I created a custom HTML field in a CPT and this is what is now displayed.

To view the faulty views based section please click the link here directly as this page is not now accessible via the menu:

hidden link

I intent to put this back live if the issue can be solved and do the same with the home page.

Many thanks,
Barry.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Barry

I'll need access to the site to be able to try and identify what the problem is.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry Barry, those credentials don't appear to work, could you double-check them and then edit your previous reply if needed?

Thanks

Apologies, I mistyped the username when I created the account. It’s toolsetsuppport (three p’s) and I’ve just tried that and it worked with the password I gave earlier.

Many thanks,
Barry.

Nigel
Supporter

Visiting the schedule page it appears to be working correctly as far as I can see.

There are names listed on every day this week, as well as one of the days next week (the only person scheduled for next week so far).

I visited when logged-out as well as when logged-in.

I very briefly tested marking someone as available next week, and they appeared on the schedule as expected.

Thank you Nigel, it definitely wasn’t displaying but now it is. Very odd. Thank you very much for logging in and confirming everything. Many thanks, Barry.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.