Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views conflict with UABB

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-17 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Please see: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/views-conflict-with-uabb/

The behavior reported, the map not working with Views enabled but working with it disabled, is what I saw when logged in. Your observation that the issue presented for a logged out user got me thinking that perhaps there was a cache issue involved. With testing I found that the behavior seen for logged out users was a result of the Varnish cache. I should have disabled that before submitting the ticket.

I disabled the Varnish and site caching and original behavior is observed whether logged in or not: With the Views plugin active the map overlays do not work properly and with it disabled they do. Can you please take a look and confirm that?

I understand that it is difficult to determine the culprit when there are plugin conflicts and I am happy to contact the UABB support, but I thought to start with Toolset since it functions with Views disabled. Is that OK?

Thank you,

David

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - Just want to confirm with you, did you try to resolve your issue with minimum setup (Toooset plugins + default theme)?

If no:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

If yes:
Could you please share duplicator package of your site:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing all information. I will check this tomorrow first thing and will update you with my findings.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I setup your duplicator package successfully on my local site but there is one issue, it asks for recaptcha to work with my localhost and localhost is not setup as domain with recaptcha key you may generated.

Could you please send me duplicator package after deactivating recaptcha ffor login?

Minesh
Supporter

I confirm the issue and it's been escalated to our next level support for further debug. Please hold on for further updates.

Minesh
Supporter

We checked that and I see that you are using content template to display the page /audiobook-tour-us-history/ page.

In this content template, he uses [wpv-post-body view_template=”None”] to get the post body which is designed by BB. What if you try to use only content template and leave the page body empty and add whatever you wants in the content template using BB. Does this help to resolve your issue?

Setting the Content Template to 'None' and the map worked as it should. Thank you for the suggestion.

I created Content Templates for various uses, including to replace the default Posts template.

I'm happy to have the page showing correctly now. It does appear that there is a conflict with Views that you may want to resolve so someone isn't affected by it.

Thank you,

David

Minesh
Supporter

So as I understand that you have added post as given under - without any argument?

[wpv-post-body]

Hi Minesh, I never inserted a shortcode. I pick a template from the dropdown on the right. What you ask may be what is happening behind the scenes.

If you could please log this as a conflict so the developers have a record then I'm happy to close the ticket.

Thank you,

David

Minesh
Supporter

Well - could you please share the screenshot of setting you changes with dropdown so I can be sure exactly what settings you changed and in order to eliminate all my doubts.

content-template.png
content-template-dropdown.png

Hi Minesh,

Here are two screenshots. The content template is currently set to none. Previously I was using a Toolset content template from the dropdown.

Thank you,

David

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - thank you. I think its expected behavior but I will report it to our next level support and proceed accordingly.

We are fine to close it here. Thank you for sharing all required information.

Thank you for your help. Hope you have a great 2018.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.