Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views conflict with plugin "Menu Icons"

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AllanF5151 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Tia.

Author

There's a conflict with a plugin "Menu Icons". An error occurs FOR EVERY ITEM IN THE LOOP:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for Menu_Icons_Front_End::_add_icon() in /home/......../public_html/libanville.com/wp-content/plugins/menu-icons/includes/front.php on line 218

When the said plugin is de-activated, the error goes away.

1. Go to: hidden link [removed by Toolset Support]
2. Go to: hidden link

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

Let me duplicate this on my end and I will respond with feedback as soon as possible.

Tia

I cannot seem to duplicate it on my end. Do you mind if I login to test and compare a few things?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will request to duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/privacy-security-providing-debug-information-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

Tia

Thank you for that information. I am looking into the issue and will respond shortly after investigating.

Tia

The content in this loop: Heart of Galaxy, Rings of Fire, what type of content does that represent? I am trying to rule out missing or not set icons.

Are the icons "set" on this page as well: hidden link ?

Your FIRST QUESTION:
----------------------------------
The content in this loop: Heart of Galaxy, Rings of Fire, what type of content does that represent?
ANSWER: It is a custom content type “profile”
hidden link
hidden link (Toolset archive template)
hidden link (No archive template)
On the other hand, another custom post type “blog-feed” does not use an archive template and the theme’s default archive does not show the error:
hidden link

Your SECOND QUESTION:
------------------------------------
Are the icons "set" on this page as well: hidden link ?

ANSWER: NO. the “menu icons” plugin does not have a “Settings” section where you set what pages access the menu icons. The icons are supposed to be only for menus and not pages.
hidden link
The only change in the admin section after you activate the “menu icons” plugin is that they are shown to be set up in the Appearance > Menus hidden link

Tia

To further debug the problem I would like to replicate your site locally.

For this I will need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Do I have your permission to move forward with Duplicator?

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before confirming.

libanville-backup-vaultpress.PNG

I have a subscription to ValutPress.com (screenshot) and the site is always backed-up.

When you say "delete the local site" do you mean delete the site which was created on a temporary basis using Duplicator plugin? If the answer is yes, then you have my permission. Please proceed.

Tia

Yes, that is correct. Thank you, I will move forward with Duplicator.

Tia
wp-copy-error.jpg

Unfortunately, I received a build error with Duplicator. Can you provide a backup of site files and database in zip format, upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the private link in the private box below? I have enabled the private box.

Tia

Thank you, Allan. Not a problem. I understand and will make sure there are backups before working on files. It's just typically our process not to work on live sites but since you are okay with it, I will be sure to be careful.

Thank you for your understanding.

Tia

Just a quick update to let you know I am still debugging on my end. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks Tia. Please let me know if you need anything from my end.

Tia

Hello, Allan. I cannot seem to duplicate this on a clean install. It's very possible it is your PHP version which I noticed is PHP 5.5.34. I am testing on localhost PHP 7.0.4

Here is what the plugin author previously said about this:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issues-with-php-v7/

Is it possible to test on a hosting account that runs PHP 7.0.4 on your end or perhaps convince your hosting to upgrade so we can rule that out?

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Hello Tia, I'm marking this issue as resolved, although it hasn't been yet resolved. But it seemed we've hit brick wall here.

My website is hosted on a dedicated server. I will look for someone to help me upgrade to PHP 7.0.4 and see what happens.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.