Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views and Types messing up VC Ultimate Addon Icons

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

As soon as Types or Views is activated, the Icons Dropdown of all "Ultimate VC Addons" elements is messed up/wrong. There are no errors in the console. Ultimate VC Addon is a plugin that comes with The7 theme.

Here you can see some details:
hidden link

i deactivated all plugins but wpbakery, ultimate vc, types, views, the issue persists.
also tried 2019 theme, then it works correctly.
as soon as The7 is activated (not the child theme with minimal code of mine, the master theme), only with above plugins, the issue is back.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi there

I set up a clean install locally with the same theme and plugins and was able to confirm the issue.

I've passed that to my colleagues for debugging, and I'll let you know what they find.

Hi Nigel
this has become quite an issue on the site we are working on. For a quick fix i'm dequeing the problematic stylesheet

add_action('admin_init', 'remove_admin_styles');
function remove_admin_styles() {
wp_deregister_style('onthego-admin-styles-icons');
}

i guess the solution would be to target the stylesheet better using the scss here
/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/onthego-resources/onthegosystems-icons/css/

Nigel
Supporter

I have added a comment to the internal ticket mentioning you are asking about progress, but I don't see any so far and you will need to persist with the workaround for the time being, I'm afraid.

Nigel
Supporter

My colleagues have been looking into this just recently and proposed some changes to the problematic stylesheet that should eliminate conflicts such as this one (which relate to using data-icon as a CSS selector), and the changes should be included in an upcoming release (but possibly not the very next one which is being prepared for early next week).

Sorry it has taken so long to address this.

Nigel
Supporter

Views 3.1.3 is now available from toolset.com/account/downloads and should appear in your plugins page soon.

From the internal tickets it looks like the fix might have made it into this release (as it is included in a plugin dependency it's not straightforward to see), but if it isn't in today's release it will be in the next one.

Thanks for your patience.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

icon-problems.jpg

Same issue here with Toolset Types. We are using The7 Theme with WP Bakery Page Builder. We are not able to select icons while Types Plugin is active. When I deactivate Types Plugin, everything works fine and I can choose icons. It seems it is the same issue which was fixed for Toolset Views. Please provide an update für Types as soon as possible or tell me a workaround. We are using Toolset in combination with The7 in many projects and are not able to succeed our projects aslong there is no fix availabe. So it is very urgent! Thanks for your support!

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry Aaron, as this thread is closed can you please create a new thread, and be sure to include your debug info so that we can see the complete list of plugin versions you are using, thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.