Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views admin UI jQuery error when trying to add a custom field

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Kristin 7 years ago.

Author
Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 2.15.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 2.11.21 PM.png

Hi, I'm trying to add a custom filed into Views but nothing happens. I can see there are some jQuery errors...

/dev/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=0&load%5B%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jq…d,jquery-ui-sortable,mediaelement,wp-mediaelement,media-views&ver=4.0.1:50 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'isArray' of undefined
/dev/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/compat3x/plugin.min.js?ver=4104-20140822:1 Deprecated TinyMCE API call: <target>.onNodeChange.add(..)
/dev/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=0&load%5B%5D=wp-pointer,heartbeat,wp-auth-…,admin-comments,postbox,dashboard,media-upload,wplink,editor&ver=4.0.1:520 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'each' of undefined

I guess this is probably a plugin conflict? I'll try and install the site locally and disable the plugins to see...

Hold your horses everyone, don't worry I've figured it out. It turned out to be the 'Stream' plugin now has a conflict with Types - or vice versa.

hidden link

If anyone at Toolset has time to look into it that would be great 😉 otherwise I'll get the Stream chap onto it

I'm having this same issue - was there a resolution other than disabling Stream?

Hi Ian, no, sorry I'm not aware of any other way around it yet.

Although I'm considering using 'VersionPress' instead for some clients as it's seems like the a logical progression: hidden link

Can confirm that I'm experiencing the same issue as well. Only appeared recently as far as I know, but a major issue. Had to disable stream, but would like to know if Views is the culprit.

Stream and Views definitely don't play nicely together at the moment. Maybe post a new support thread and link it back to this one because Toolset support will probably never find this '[Resolved]' post

Thanks - already created a new thread.