Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View won't update on frontend until I re-save the view

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tim Elliott 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have a view that pulls posts with a certain taxonomy onto the home page. The view does what it should, but when you update the taxonomies the posts on the home page don't update.

I've gone through all of the processes I can think of (clearing cache - WP Fastest cache, clearing Siteground server cache, clearing toolset custom fields cache etc., resaving home page).

The only thing that seems to work is to go into the view, make a whitespace change and save the view. After that the posts on the frontend are updated.

Initially this was only happening on one of my sites but now it's started happening on another. Any ideas / reasons for this much appreciated.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tim,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Not sure if you've already tried this but the next thing I would do is to disable all the non-toolset plugins and check to see if the problem still remains.

Once we can identify that it still remains then the next thing I would want is for you to provide me with a copy of the site so that I can run some tests here locally. Please also include the steps to replicate the issue as well.

If needed, you can go to the link below in order to provide me with a copy of the site
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

Hi
I recreated the view and it now updates as it should. Bit of a weird one but I'm going to mark it as resolved until find this happening again.
Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.