Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View with Taxonomy filter doesn't work

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Guillaume 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello,

I use a view to dispay similar posts depending on taxonomy in single page on a custom post type. This view worked well.

I've updated this view to show more posts and now the results are not in relation with my settings in the BO. Even if I rollback to my previous settings it doesn't work anymore.

More precisly, I want to display posts from a custom post type so in the view settings I checked to display only this post type. Unfortunatelly when I filter with one of my taxonomy it display "normal" posts only and not my custom post type while "normal" post are not checked. I noticed that this problem is only with one of my taxonomy (but the most important for me and this taxonomy work with normal posts and this CPT)
I've duplicate my view and the result is the same, maybe the problem is with my taxonomy
I've also saved and tried all kinds of changes and the problem is still there.

Do you know how to solve this problem ?

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Guillaume

I tried to reproduce your problem but couldn't.

Can we eliminate conflicts from your theme of plugins before proceeding any further?

Switch your theme to twentysixteen and re-test.

If that doesn't help, de-activate all non-Toolset plugins and re-test.

If you find that the view now works you can identify which plugin is causing the issue by re-activating them one-by-one (or in batches) and re-testing.

Let me know how that goes so I can consider how to proceed.

This afternoon I tried one more time to revolve my problem.
I just saved my view and like a miracle, now it seems to work well.

I don't know why yesterday my view was "brocken", maybe a problem of database cache problem.

Thanks for your help and your time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.