Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View showing different content in archive listing

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.24 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have created premium content for registered users like this:

hidden link

I created View for the wordpress archive listing using a content template. Here is how one looks like:

hidden link

I expected to see:

[wpv-post-featured-image]
[wpv-post-link]
[wpv-post-date]
[wpv-post-excerpt]...like I have set in my view and content template

Instead, I got:

I see the a login form / replaced content!

hidden link

How can I show this premium content as normal post in the archive view?

Best regards,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Suzan,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm not quite sure of the issue.

Is it that you want your non-premium users to be able to see the premium content when its listed on the archive page?

Please clarify for me.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

No

I want the premium content to appear just like all other posts in the archive lists with title, thumb, date. Now the view is displaying the login form instead. I don't want View to display the login form

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Suzan,

Given that you've restricted the Post Type to only users who are premium and logged in then the archive will require that you have a premium account to view ass well.

Unfortunately this is how it works and there isn't a workaround unless you're not restricting the post type but rather the individual post or even the contents of the posts using a content template.

This way users can still navigate to the post but only the users who have the permissions can view the actual content of the post.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.