Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View posts by visits for specific time ( top of day – weak – month – year )

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years ago.

Author

Is there any way to create posts loop that display trending posts of specific time only and not the total time ?

I mean to display top viewd posts today or this weak top posts

How To ?

There is no method to query posts by views.

Basically, neither WordPress nor Toolset looks after whom is viewing your site and counts visits.

I am quite sure this event will interfere with GDPR in future, so I would discourage from such code if you do not fully declare it.
I am not sure but I can imagine this could be interpreted as a privacy infringement if you count my visit on your site... depends on the point of view and laws backing it up.

If you want to create such counts, I suggest to look out for a Plugin that counts, and adds that as a native Meta Value (post field).
This can then be used in a Toolset View to order or query by it.
hidden link

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.