Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom field image URL loading from old domain after migration

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After migrating to a new environment, my custom field image URLs on the front-end of the site still point to the old server. I checked the custom field values and they are on the correct domain.

Solution: Go to Toolset > Settings > Custom Content and clear both image caches, then check both image resize checkbox options.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Junichiro Taira 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
スクリーンショット 2018-05-31 22.38.37.png

I created web site at tanden022.xsrv.jp which was staging server.

and I used phpMyAdmin and FTP to move to actual server.
Here is URL.
hidden link

Everything fine except veiw plugin.
Please see source of this page.
hidden link

All of image from my staging server.
hidden link
I've already changed image URL in post (attached image).

I've been making WEB site with this way and never happen.
It's bit complicated problem. Would you help me to solve this ?

Hi, can you share the code from the Loop Output editor of this View? If any Loop Template is used, please copy the code from the template and paste it here as well. I will try to figure out what is happening.

If this View is added to the page with a shortcode, please turn off caching to see if that helps regenerate the View:

[wpv-view name="your-view-slug" cached="off"]

Thank you very much for your support.

Here is template.
[types field="cases_gallery"][/types]

Here is Output Editor
[wpv-filter-meta-html]
[wpv-layout-meta-html]

Turn off cache plugin -> No Change.
Tried [cached="off"] function -> No Change.

Okay I don't see anything obviously wrong here. May I log in to your wp-admin area to get a closer look? Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

When you migrated the site, did you run any migration scripts? You may need to do this to update the image paths:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/#2-updating-urls-in-posts-and-custom-fields

Notice that if you use a different size image, the path is correct:

[types field='cases_gallery' size="medium"][/types]

Thank you so much ! I didn't know I need that. It could change it.
I have one last question.

There are 7 lines of ajax-loader.gif (2 different types).
These contain old URL.
When I replace these to new URL. It will cause trouble. (Break view loop and archive loop.)
How can I do it ?

(263, 82, '_wpv_settings', 'a:35:{s:15:\"view-query-mode\";s:6:\"normal\";s:16:\"view_description\";s:0:\"\";s:12:\"view_purpose\";s:10:\"pagination\";s:10:\"query_type\";a:1:{i:0;s:5:\"posts\";}s:13:\"taxonomy_type\";a:1:{i:0;s:8:\"category\";}s:10:\"roles_type\";a:1:{i:0;s:13:\"administrator\";}s:35:\"post_type_dont_include_current_page\";b:1;s:19:\"taxonomy_hide_empty\";b:1;s:37:\"taxonomy_include_non_empty_decendants\";b:1;s:19:\"taxonomy_pad_counts\";b:1;s:7:\"orderby\";s:9:\"post_date\";s:5:\"order\";s:4:\"DESC\";s:14:\"orderby_second\";s:0:\"\";s:12:\"order_second\";s:4:\"DESC\";s:16:\"taxonomy_orderby\";s:4:\"name\";s:14:\"taxonomy_order\";s:4:\"DESC\";s:13:\"users_orderby\";s:10:\"user_login\";s:11:\"users_order\";s:3:\"ASC\";s:5:\"limit\";i:-1;s:6:\"offset\";i:0;s:14:\"taxonomy_limit\";i:-1;s:15:\"taxonomy_offset\";i:0;s:11:\"users_limit\";i:-1;s:12:\"users_offset\";i:0;s:10:\"pagination\";a:16:{s:4:\"type\";s:5:\"paged\";s:14:\"posts_per_page\";s:1:\"3\";s:6:\"effect\";s:4:\"fade\";s:8:\"duration\";i:500;s:5:\"speed\";i:5;s:14:\"preload_images\";b:1;s:11:\"cache_pages\";b:1;s:13:\"preload_pages\";b:1;s:9:\"pre_reach\";i:1;s:7:\"spinner\";s:7:\"builtin\";s:13:\"spinner_image\";s:85:\"hidden link\";s:22:\"spinner_image_uploaded\";s:0:\"\";s:13:\"callback_next\";s:0:\"\";s:14:\"pause_on_hover\";b:0;s:14:\"manage_history\";s:2:\"on\";s:9:\"tolerance\";i:0;}s:16:\"filter_meta_html\";s:93:\"[wpv-filter-start hide=\"false\"]\n[wpv-filter-controls]\n[/wpv-filter-controls]\n[wpv-filter-end]\";s:20:\"filter_meta_html_css\";s:0:\"\";s:19:\"filter_meta_html_js\";s:0:\"\";s:22:\"layout_meta_html_state\";a:4:{s:4:\"html\";s:2:\"on\";s:3:\"css\";s:3:\"off\";s:2:\"js\";s:3:\"off\";s:3:\"img\";s:3:\"off\";}s:20:\"layout_meta_html_css\";s:0:\"\";s:19:\"layout_meta_html_js\";s:0:\"\";s:18:\"sections-show-hide\";a:10:{s:12:\"limit-offset\";s:3:\"off\";s:17:\"content-selection\";s:2:\"on\";s:13:\"query-options\";s:2:\"on\";s:8:\"ordering\";s:2:\"on\";s:14:\"content-filter\";s:2:\"on\";s:10:\"pagination\";s:2:\"on\";s:23:\"filter-extra-parametric\";s:2:\"on\";s:12:\"filter-extra\";s:2:\"on\";s:12:\"layout-extra\";s:2:\"on\";s:7:\"content\";s:2:\"on\";}s:9:\"post_type\";a:1:{i:0;s:4:\"post\";}s:26:\"metasections-hep-show-hide\";a:3:{s:15:\"wpv-filter-help\";s:2:\"on\";s:15:\"wpv-layout-help\";s:2:\"on\";s:14:\"wpv-query-help\";s:3:\"off\";}s:3:\"dps\";a:12:{s:11:\"mode_helper\";s:19:\"ajaxrefreshonchange\";s:12:\"ajax_results\";s:6:\"enable\";s:23:\"ajax_results_pre_before\";s:0:\"\";s:19:\"ajax_results_before\";s:0:\"\";s:18:\"ajax_results_after\";s:0:\"\";s:19:\"ajax_results_submit\";s:6:\"ajaxed\";s:17:\"enable_dependency\";s:6:\"enable\";s:14:\"enable_history\";s:6:\"enable\";s:12:\"empty_select\";s:4:\"hide\";s:18:\"empty_multi_select\";s:4:\"hide\";s:12:\"empty_radios\";s:4:\"hide\";s:16:\"empty_checkboxes\";s:4:\"hide\";}}'),
(680, 328, '_wpv_settings', 'a:21:{s:15:\"view-query-mode\";s:7:\"archive\";s:16:\"view_description\";s:0:\"\";s:12:\"view_purpose\";s:10:\"parametric\";s:18:\"sections-show-hide\";a:0:{}s:7:\"orderby\";s:9:\"post_date\";s:5:\"order\";s:4:\"DESC\";s:14:\"orderby_second\";s:0:\"\";s:12:\"order_second\";s:4:\"DESC\";s:10:\"pagination\";a:14:{s:4:\"type\";s:5:\"paged\";s:14:\"posts_per_page\";s:7:\"default\";s:6:\"effect\";s:4:\"fade\";s:8:\"duration\";i:500;s:14:\"manage_history\";s:2:\"on\";s:9:\"tolerance\";s:0:\"\";s:14:\"preload_images\";b:1;s:11:\"cache_pages\";b:1;s:13:\"preload_pages\";b:1;s:9:\"pre_reach\";i:1;s:7:\"spinner\";s:7:\"builtin\";s:13:\"spinner_image\";s:76:\"hidden link\";s:22:\"spinner_image_uploaded\";s:0:\"\";s:13:\"callback_next\";s:0:\"\";}s:16:\"filter_meta_html\";s:444:\"[wpv-filter-start hide=\"false\"]\n[wpv-filter-controls]\n<div class=\"form-group\">\n [wpv-filter-reset reset_label=\"全てを表示\" class=\"reset_btn2\"]<br class=\"br_mobile\"/>[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy=\"case_types\" type=\"radios\" url_param=\"wpv-case_types\"]<br/>[wpv-filter-spinner spinner=\"/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/res/img/ajax-loader2.gif\"]読み込み中[/wpv-filter-spinner]\n</div>\n[/wpv-filter-controls]\n[wpv-filter-end]\n\n\n\";s:20:\"filter_meta_html_css\";s:1270:\".form-group{\n text-align: center;\n line-height: 1.4em;\n background-color: #f6ad3c;\n padding: 5px;\n}\n.reset_btn2{\n background-color: transparent !important;\n border: none !important;\n width: initial !important;\n border-radius: 5px !important;\n}\n.reset_btn2:hover{\n background-color: #ebebeb !important;\n color: #008CD6;\n}\n\n@media only screen and (max-width: 767px){\n .reset_btn2,.radio label{\n font-size:11px !important;\n padding: 5px !important;\n margin: 0px 10px !important;\n }\n .form-group{\n font-size:14px !important;\n padding: 5px !important;\n margin: 0px 5px !important;\n }\n}\n@media only screen and (min-width: 768px){\n .reset_btn2,.radio label{\n font-size:14px !important;\n padding: 5px 10px !important;\n margin: 0px 10px !important;\n }\n .form-group{\n font-size:14px !important;\n padding: 5px 10px !important;\n margin: 0px 5px !important;\n }\n}\n\n\n.radio{\n display: inline-block;\n margin-top: 0px;\n margin-bottom: 0px;\n}\n.radio label{\n border-radius: 5px;\n color: #fff;\n}\n.radio input[type=\"radio\"]{\n display: none;\n}\n\n.radio label:hover{\n background-color: #ebebeb !important;\n color: #008CD6;\n}\n\n.radio.active label {\n background-color: #ebebeb;\n}\";s:19:\"filter_meta_html_js\";s:0:\"\";s:22:\"layout_meta_html_state\";a:4:{s:4:\"html\";s:2:\"on\";s:3:\"css\";s:3:\"off\";s:2:\"js\";s:3:\"off\";s:3:\"img\";s:3:\"off\";}s:20:\"layout_meta_html_css\";s:0:\"\";s:19:\"layout_meta_html_js\";s:0:\"\";s:21:\"taxonomy_relationship\";s:3:\"AND\";s:3:\"dps\";a:12:{s:11:\"mode_helper\";s:6:\"custom\";s:12:\"ajax_results\";s:6:\"enable\";s:23:\"ajax_results_pre_before\";s:0:\"\";s:19:\"ajax_results_before\";s:0:\"\";s:18:\"ajax_results_after\";s:0:\"\";s:19:\"ajax_results_submit\";s:6:\"reload\";s:17:\"enable_dependency\";s:6:\"enable\";s:14:\"enable_history\";s:7:\"disable\";s:12:\"empty_select\";s:4:\"hide\";s:18:\"empty_multi_select\";s:4:\"hide\";s:12:\"empty_radios\";s:4:\"hide\";s:16:\"empty_checkboxes\";s:4:\"hide\";}s:27:\"tax_case_types_relationship\";s:8:\"FROM URL\";s:33:\"taxonomy-case_types-attribute-url\";s:14:\"wpv-case_types\";s:40:\"taxonomy-case_types-attribute-url-format\";a:1:{i:0;s:4:\"slug\";}s:38:\"taxonomy-case_types-attribute-operator\";s:2:\"IN\";}'),

You can try this:
- Edit each View that uses the spinner
- Go to Pagination settings and select a different spinner graphic temporarily, and save the View. This should trigger an update for the View settings
- Reload the page, then select the spinner graphic that you had originally selected.
- Test again. The settings for each View should have been rewritten, using the correct URL.

Thank you very much !!! It's all fixed !!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.