Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View output shows current page in loop instead of post inside loop

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by takoL 4 years, 5 months ago.

Author

I am trying to:
1. display custom fields of a post inside a view loop
2. display a cred edit form inside a view loop

I expected to see:
ad 1: the custom fields of the current post inside the loop
ad 2: a cred form editing the current post inside the loop

Instead, I got:
ad 1: custom fields of the current_page (i.e. [wpv-post-id] displays the title of the post where the view is shown, not the post inside the loop)
ad 2: the message: 'Form type and post type do not match' indicating that the post is trying to edit the current_page post instead of the post inside the loop

Additional info:
If we output the field of the post inside the view loop like this:
[wpv-post-title item="[wpv-post-id]"]
the title of the post in the loop is correctly displayed
If we output the field like this:
[wpv-post-title]
we get the title of the current_page, and not the post in the loop

Moreover:
If we output the cred form inside the view loop like this:
[cred_form form='task-archive']
we get a type mismatch (because the post where the view is inserted is from a different post type)
[cred_form form='task-archive' post='wpv-post-id']
we do not get the type mismatch, but still the form is not working correctly because it tries to edit the current_page, not the post in the loop.
This is confirmed by the following:
[cred_form form='task-archive' post='wpv-post-id']
and from within the form we output [wpv-post-id] , we see the post id of the current_page, not the post-id of the post inside the loop

This is kind of a big deal, because we make use of views extensively to display both post fields and post forms from inside a loop and this breaks a lot of the functionality of our sites.

Never mind, we are looking into some code outside of Toolset plugins that is probably the cause of this bug...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.