Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View ordering is not working with custom field.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Himanshu Agarwal 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,
I have created a custom field of drop-down for ordering with name "Position in Listing" . I set this field for ordering in view ordering setting but its not working. So i checked with another ordering option like post date or post it but no ordering is working and result are showing as alphabetically. Please help me to solve this problem and how could we make ordering works.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Himanshu,

Your next reply in this thread will be private so that you can share the website's copy securely ( if needed ).

Here is a guide on sharing the website's copy:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

I tried as you suggested that by deactivating all non tooset plugin and activating a default theme, but still ordering is not working.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for sharing the update, but I couldn't reproduce this issue on my test website while testing.

For this reason, further investigation will require a clone/duplicate of a website, where the issue can be seen.

As requested earlier, please share your website's duplicate, based on the instructions from this guide:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I've set your next reply as private and will wait for the package, to troubleshoot this in more depth.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Himanshu,

Thank you for sharing the access details.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the "Frontend Sorting" was enabled at WP Admin -> Toolset -> WooCommerce Views.
( screenshot: hidden link )

When that option is checked, the order of products on the product archive pages is controlled by WooCommerce.

I've disabled it and now the archive view is controlling the order, based on "Position in Listing" field.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Update:-

I tried one thing also:-

Installed a new fresh wordpress.
Installed new fresh woocommerce.
Installed new fresh Toolset Types, Toolset View and Toolset Woocommerce View.
Created a custom field (Select box) with number.
Created a woocommerce product archive (view).
Set ordering by that custom field as number (only numbers in select custom field).

Still ordering is not working in Woocommerce Product Archive (View).

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Himanshu,

Looks like we replied at the exact same time.

Can you please refer to my last message ( https://toolset.com/forums/topic/view-ordering-is-not-working-with-custom-field/#post-1239056 ) and confirm that this is resolved now?

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.