Skip Navigation

[Closed] View not sorting with custom post Type

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 9 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Hi,

I am trying to: I'm using the latest version of View but the sort function isn't working.
The result set is in the same order no matter what field I'm sorting on or whether it is asc or desc.

This is on a custom post type contructed in Types.

Thanks for the help!

Hi Hector,

I'm sorry to hear that, thanks for contacting us. Every release pass through a rigorous QA, each functionality is tested in distinct environments, to ensure a excellent final product. We need more information to continue assisting you:

1. Did you isolate this issue, using a default WordPress theme and disabling other plugins? If not, please do that and let us know your findings

2. Please show me some screenshot of both, back-end and front-end. I want to see the settings of this View and also what is being renderized.

3. A URL of the problematic page would be nice.

frontEnd051214.JPG
backEnd051214.JPG

Hi Adriano,

The issue is independent of the theme. We're using Ultimatum and disabling it has no effect.

Screenshots are attached.

Here is the page: hidden link

Cheers!

Hi Adriano & Team,

Has there been any progress with this issue?

Let me know if there is any way that I can help further.

Cheers!

My apologies the long delay. Thanks for sharing those images, but I will need to check your site's dashboard to understand it better. Can you provide the access to the dashboard? The next reply of you has been set up as private, so you can share data safely by there.

Sure, no problem. Thanks for providing that. The problem here is that some plugin or some feature of the theme is editing the query of the View, and I need to discover it. For this I will need to install two debugging plugins, "Debug Bar" and "Debug-Bar-Extender". Actually I would prefer you to install them, is that possible?

Hi Adriano,

No problem, those two plugins are now installed.

Cheers,

Dan.

Thank you for installing that, it was very useful. I did some debugging and could notice where is the problem, some plugin or theme is replacing the ORDER of the View, take a look:

ORDER BY site_posts.menu_order, site_posts.post_title DESC

The order by menu_order is being applied. We have two options here:

1. You discover what plugin or theme is causing this issue: select a default WordPress theme and deactivate all plugins except Toolset ones
2. Provide FTP credentials, so we can investigate it better and discover which one is causing this trouble

The next reply has been set as private, so you can safely share credentials if you want to.

The topic ‘[Closed] View not sorting with custom post Type’ is closed to new replies.