Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View Loop Not Showing Grid I Selected

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I am following the directions in the Create and Design a Custom List of Content. When I get to the part about the selecting the view loop style, I select the same one in the video, but my view continues to show just one item across the full width of the page. I want the grid with 3 items, but I don't know how to get it. Also, when I update and preview, the view loop doesn't even show up. It just doesn't seem to be behaving as the video shows me.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I am following the directions in the Create and Design a Custom List of Content.

Is there a similar example that we can see? The upload image button doesn't seem to work so I can show you what I mean. I could email it to you.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

This should work flawlessly when you have more than one post to display - you would select the output mode, let's say a list, or maybe a grid, and proceed through the rest of the GUI that will help you configure the View (I assume you use the Blocks editor).

This works great locally, so maybe there is another plugin interfering or the theme conflicts.
Also - since you mention you get only one item on the front end, if you have more than one post you expect to be displayed, then check the Views Limit, maybe this is set to 1?

If all this does not help I think we'll need to log in and check (please add the URL where) the backend directly.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your website, in front-end:
hidden link
View block outputs only an empty HTML div tag:

<div class=" wpv-view-output" data-toolset-views-view-editor="1d3785f0a6cce07142a004b84684e0bb"></div>

It is abnormal, please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

4) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if there is anything found

grid.JPG

Here are what I found:
I can install your database dump file, it works fine in my localhost(fresh WordPress installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins), I can see view block outputs without any problem, see screenshot grid.JPG

Did you get any PHP debug logs from your website?
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

It should be a compatibility/server issue, if you need assistance to locate the problem, please provide a test site with the same problem, fill below private message box with login details and FTP access

I am trying to get the PHP debug logs from your website, but the FTP access is not valid, I get this error:
Response: 331 User admin1 OK. Password required
Command: PASS ****************
Response: 530 Login authentication failed

Please check it, thanks

Luo, I rebuilt my WordPress site and added 1 page and the toolset plug in. I tried once again to set up the grid and was not successful. The page is Our Classmates. Still though I select grid, I get only one item per view. Here are the keys to the site

Login Name: ToolsetTester
Password: 2q#atIqXMpJkM13Hxaz)F%Ep

I can see the problem in your website, but as I mentioned above the problem is abnormal, and it only exsists in your website/server, it works fine in my localhost, so it should be a compatibility/server issue, in order to locate the problem, I need to get the PHP error logs, and I have tried the FTP access you provided above again:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/view-loop-not-showing-grid-i-selected/#post-1533841

It is still not valid, please check it. Private message box enabled again.

Please let me know if you need me to setup a test site in other webserver which works fine with your database dump file.

The FTP access is still not valid, I get these error when use domain name "alvinhighschool.com"
Resolving address of alvinhighschool.com
Status: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known".

Then I have tried your website domain name: alvinhighschool1975.com, I get the same error message:
Response: 331 User Admin1@AlvinHighSchool1975.com OK. Password required
Command: PASS ****************
Response: 530 Login authentication failed

So I can not get the PHP debug logs, can you contact your server provider to get the PHP debug logs?

And I have tried it in your website using classic editor.

1) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General, enable option: Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build

2) Create a post view here:
hidden link

3) Create a test page here:
hidden link

I can see view's outputting.

It seems there is a compatibility/server issue in your website with the Toolset Block editor.

Please get the PHP debug logs or make sure the FTP access is valid.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/view-loop-not-showing-grid-i-selected/#post-1550737

Thanks

Thanks for the details, I am checking it in your website, will update here if there is anything found

Here are what I found in your website:
1) Edit the file wp-config.php, add below lines:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

2) Open and edit the problem again:
hidden link

I get these PHP debug logs in file error_log.txt:

PHP Notice:  Trying to get property 'innerHTML' of non-object in /home/admin1975/public_html/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php on line 2202

But there isn't the same problem in my localhost with your database dump file, so it seems to be a server problem(exception) in your website, can you try to upgrade your website PHP version to PHP 7.3, and test again?
https://wordpress.org/support/update-php/

Luo,
We upgraded the PFP to 7.3. When we tried to insert the PHP code, it broke the site. Can you insert it? This is taking so long to resolve with this slow daily back and forth? Is there some way we can work together and share screens?

I got the error log going. You can check it now. There are toolset errors in there. Maybe we are close to figuring it out!! I also wanted to say that I have another site on this host that uses the toolset grid successfully using Genesis/Whitespace pro, so I tried using that theme. I was remaking the view and for a brief moment, I got the grid view then it went back to showing me just one item. Hope this helps in tracking down the issue. You are welcome to change the theme to anything you want. This is a test site as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the details, I can see the error logs, and I don't see any other server problem in your website. I am trying to install the duplicator package in your website, export the full copy of your website to my localhost, and try to duplicate the same problem, will update here if there is anything found.

It should be a server issue, I have tried these:
1) Export a full copy of your website with duplictor plugin, install it here:
hidden link
You can login above website with same credentials.
2) Edit the problem page "Our Classmates"
hidden link
in section "Content Template", choose option "None", so it will display page content directly.

And it need time to dig the server/host configurations.

In the meantime, can you test your website in some other host envirment?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.