Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View is not displaying related posts – urgent help needed.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luigi Bella 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have a view that is displaying all related posts in a CPT, but I just checked our test site after running some plugin and theme updates and none of the related posts are being displayed. It just says 'No Items Found'

Broken view: hidden link
working view: hidden link

Nothing seems to be different, besides the addition of an empty custom field called 'Hazard UUID' on the test site.

Video of the issue: hidden link

Any help you can provide is really appreciated as this is an extremely urgent issue to my client.
Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've tested both pages and couldn't see the issue and the results show, with or without using the country filter.

Here is a video capture from my screen:
hidden link

Can you please clear all involved caches and then test again?

regards,
Waqar

Thank you for checking!

I figured out that the issue was being caused by the custom code being added to toolset, I had to disable the code for connecting HP posts. Could you possibly take a look at that code to see why it broke the view?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the update and glad that the issue has been narrowed down.

You're welcome to share temporary admin login details so that I can see how the custom code is affecting the view.
( also include the details about where this code can be seen )

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

I've checked the "connect_hp_posts" custom code snippet and the line "return $query;" should be after the second last closing bracket and not before it.
Screenshot: hidden link

Please update this code snippet and then check the view after activating it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.