Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View in Author's Buddypress Account

This support ticket is created 6 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to insert a view into a member's buddypress profile. I have the view set up and the page templates established for the profiles, but I am having difficulty in filtering the views to only show posts written by the displayed user. I have looked at the posts in the support forum and it appears that there are two options:

1) Filter by "Author's ID is set by the URL parameter." To go this route, how would I go about getting the Displayed User ID into the URL?

2) Filter by " Author's ID is set by the View shortcode attribute." To go this route, how would I create the shortcode attribute for the Displayed User ID?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

First we must establish who is the displayed user. Is the displayed user the currently logged in user ? Or is it a profile page a user ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

The displayed user will be a profile not the currently logged-in user. I want users to see other users' posts essentially.

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I'm not sure how buddypress creates its user profile pages.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the site as well as a link to one of the buddypress profile pages?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Thank you for the credentials.

I tried them however they don't seem to work.

Could you check on them and let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

You should be good now ShaneToolset. Just checked it and was able to get it.

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Thanks I was able to log into the site.

It seems buddypress has a function that is able to get the ID of the current user in the loop.

hidden link

What you can try doing is to create a shortcode with this function by using the link below and passing that shortcode as a parameter to filter the view.

hidden link

Have a look at the link below that provides an example of filtering by shortcode parameter.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-query-by-post-id/

Please let me know if this was able to help and if you have any issues .

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.