Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View has ceased showing on front end, was working fine previously

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

For some reason, this one View has ceased to work. We tried removing it from the Content Template, then adding it in again (under the photograph in the first column), but that didn't work.

Solution:

You just need to use content template shortcodes, for example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/view-has-ceased-showing-on-front-end-was-working-fine-previously/#post-1380609

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:
Display information from a custom taxonomy contained within a View.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Content Template "Native Nanny Ads - Single - full"

I expected to see:
The taxonomy View "Type of Work View" should display its information, just as all the other custom taxonomies are doing correctly on the page.

Instead, I got:
For some reason, this one View has ceased to work. We tried removing it from the Content Template, then adding it in again (under the photograph in the first column), but that didn't work. We can add and remove all the other Views based on Taxonomies at will and they display as expected. It is as if this one View has somehow become corrupted?

Unfortunately today we had to open several tickets for functionality that was all working previously. We haven't made any drastic technical changes, other than updating Toolset plugins.

Best regards
Simon

Dear Simon,

Thanks for the details, please try this:
Edit the taxonomy view "Type of Work View":
hidden link

In section "Loop Editor", you are using below content template shortcodes:

[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-nanny-types-view"]

But in section "Loop item in Type of Work View", it is another content template: Loop item in Type of Work View.

So it conducts the problem, you just need to replace the content template shortcodes as below and test again:

[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-type-of-work-view"]

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.