Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View filter showing terms that aren't assigned to any posts output by the view

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot 2020-02-03 at 14.14.05.png
Screenshot 2020-02-03 at 14.06.57.png
Screenshot 2020-02-03 at 13.53.37.png

I have four taxonomy terms set up: Atyla, Maybe, Christian Radich and Picton Castle
The term 'Maybe' is not assigned to any posts but all other terms have posts assigned.

My example view is below...

[wpv-view name="vendor-trips-primary-and-secondary" vendortripids="[ahoy_vendor_trip_ids]"]

This view outputs 4 posts by default (specified by the 'vendortripids' parameter).
3 of the posts output have the term 'Atyla' assigned and one of the posts has the term 'Picton Castle' assigned.
None of the posts output have the term 'Christian Radich' Assigned.

In my view filters on the front end, when first loading the page, the term 'Maybe' is hidden from the select dropdown (correct behaviour), but the term 'Christian Radich' is not hidden (incorrect behaviour).

However, after selecting a vessel to filter by, the term 'Christian Radich' is then hidden (correct behaviour).
If I then reset the filters, the term once again becomes available (incorrect behaviour).

So my questions is: when I select 'Show only available options for each input' in the view settings, why are some taxonomies still shown as available in the filter dropdowns when none of the posts output by the view have those terms assigned? And is it possible to adjust this behaviour?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jon,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website ?

Also could you let me know the view with the issue ?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.