Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View Filter is not showing a list of options

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.10 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to show a dropdown list of all available entries to a custom field, but this is not working - the list is empty.

The options for the field are populated by a lookup that has been put into functions.php that lists all of the available users - I'm not sure if this is what is causing the error?

Alternatively, can I list available users on the site and use that as a filter for a different field?

For example - list all users, but filter the results if the selected name exists in the "wpcf-assigned-to" field?

Kindest regards,

Pete

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you have the field being populated by a list that is dynamically generated then only the values that have been saved to the database will be available in the dropdown. This means you won't be able to pull the values that are not selected by a post.

Alternatively, can I list available users on the site and use that as a filter for a different field?

Listing the available and use those as a filter, unfortunately no this isn't possible unless you are creating a custom field with all the users. If you are populating this list dynamically then you will run into the issue I explained above.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.