Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View changes wont save + Loop-Assistant won't work

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

3 errors occuring in relation with the Toolset Views plugin:

1. Changes in the View Output Editor wont save, while other changes do work.

2. The Loop Assistant won't react to the "next"-button being pressed, the plugin shows no change.

3. The View-edit window when editing a view directly from a layout is not displaying the "save changes" button on screen and it can't be reached thhrough scrolling.

Feel free to recreate any of the issues on the connected staging site, it is not live and can be changed without consequences.#

Many thanks in advance!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Boris,

Thank you for waiting.

During troubleshooting, I was able to reproduce the first issue on my website, which relates to the "Output Editor" section.

This and another connected issue has already been reported to the concerned team and a fix for this is expected to be released soon.

I'm afraid, I don't have a time estimate to share at this time, but will update you through this ticket, once the fixed release is out.

You can also view the progress through this errata page:
https://toolset.com/errata/after-updating-to-views-2-7-3-the-checkbox-for-disable-the-wrapping-div-around-the-view-does-not-work/

Note: For a quick fix, you can update the code at line# 4034 in file "/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/res/js/redesign/views_editor.js" from:

spinnerContainer = $('<span class="spinner ajax-loader">').insertBefore( dataholder ).css( { 'visibility': 'visible' } );

To:

spinnerContainer = $('<span class="spinner ajax-loader">').insertBefore( thiz ).css( { 'visibility': 'visible' } );

As for the other two issues, I couldn't reproduce them and both the "Loop Wizard" and the save button for a View inside a layout seems to be working as expected.

Here is how the save button shows when the view is placed inside a layout:
hidden link

In case, you're still seeing something out of place related to these issues, I'll recommend opening a new ticket, with further details and screenshot.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Boris,

Just wanted to update you that a fix for the "Output Editor" section issue has been included in the latest release of Toolset Views ( Version 2.7.4 ).

Thank you for reporting it.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.