Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View can’t be sorted when using shortcode parameters

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to filter their view by the use of a shortcode attribute.

Solution:

What I recommend that you do to follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/passing-arguments-to-views/#controlling-the-filter-with-shortcode-attributes

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Edward Barker 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Following on from my previous thread ( https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filter-the-results-more-based-on-a-radius-of-the-post-types-respective-address-fields/ ) I'm pleased to say I got this all to function as you suggested.

However I'd like to now sort those results using the sorting controls functions and sadly they don't work. After trying to find the source of the problem I came to the conclusion that it's because I'm using shortcodes that are defined by types fields.

Have you seen this happen before and if so id there a workaround?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Edward,

Thank you for contacting our support froum.

What your post I gather than you want to sort your view using a shortcode parameter correct?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Figured it out. Added the shortcode in as a raw value initially which didn't work so changed it to display normally.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.