Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View added to Products WP Archive in Block Editor does not appear on the front-end of the site

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kaiD 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

The view I've added above the archive loop isn't showing up on front end but shows up in the backend Block Editor (check: Toolset WordPress Archive "Shop Startseite Test")

Thanks again for your help.

Kai

Hi, can you provide some more information? Where should I look to see this on the front-end? Where should I look to see this in wp-admin? Was the problem resolved?

Hi Christian,

you can see the issue on the front end here: hidden link
The WooCommerce-Archive-Template in the backend called: Shop Startseite Test

Before the product loop i've inserted a taxonomy view with a toolset shortcode.

You reach the backend here: hidden link

In the originally ticket i gave you user and password. Do you still have access to it?

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.01.24 AM.png

Okay thank you, I still have login credentials and I was able to find the issue in wp-admin. It looks like you're running into a known issue that has been reported here: https://toolset.com/errata/the-loop-content-template-of-a-taxonomy-view-placed-inside-a-wordpress-archive-returns-nothing/

You can follow the erratum post for more information about this issue. Until it is resolved by our developers, the most practical solution is to recreate the loop of this View without using a Loop template. This means you must use shortcodes in the loop's content, without using the block editor, and without choosing the checkbox shown in the screenshot here.

Let me know if you have questions about this workaround.

Thanks for the info.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.