Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View activation crashes site

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JamesS2731 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Install Views

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the site working

Instead, I got: crashed site.

I'm using the latest version of Views installed using the Toolset installer.

Debug info provided.

I look forward to any thoughts or ideas.

Kind regards
James

Hello, it could be a conflict between Views and one of your other plugins or your theme. As a quick test, please try these troubleshooting steps:
- Disable Views. If you're locked out of wp-admin, use FTP to log into your site and rename the wp-views directory in wp-content/plugins. That should temporarily deactivate Views so you can log into wp-admin again.
- Disable all plugins except Types, and activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty
- Activate Views again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns
- If the problem was not resolved, I'll need to take a closer look.

Many thanks for the quick response. I tried those step but it didn't solve the issue. I then noticed the same thing happening with other plugins. The issue turned out to be memory. I increased that and everything worked again.

Kind regards
James

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.