Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View above header

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.47 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there.

With the last update of toolset a view appears above and below header.

It was working fine but now the same view is duplicated (above and below). The theme is astra. I tested the view with twenty nine theme and happens the same. Now it's with Astra again.

You can see the error here: hidden link

Thanks in advanced for your time

I found the issue. It happens with Rank Math Plugin.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for getting in touch.

So you're saying that the Rank Math Plugin is causing this issue to happen?

Could you try using an alternative SEO plugin such as YOAST?

Also confirming that when you've disabled this plugin the issue with the duplicate content is no longer there.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

It happens with rank math Seo. If I deactivate it... the website renders the view perfect. I wrote a post in rank math board. I'm waiting for the answer.

I tried yoast seo before... but rank math seo works better.

Hello, Shane is out on holiday today but will return tomorrow to continue assisting you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

As soon as you get a response from them please let me know.

Its quite possible that they are setting a another post content area in the header.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

First of all.... thanks for your help.

This is the answer from Rank Math team:

"I see the issue on your site and it looks like the Rich Snippet is causing the problem. For now, I’ve disabled the Rich Snippet for the Tipologias taxonomy by enabling the Remove Rich Snippet option in Dashboard >> Rank Math >> Titles & Meta >> Tipologias >> Remove Snippet Data. This seemed to have fixed the issue. Can you please confirm?

The Rank Math rich snippet code runs a WordPress loop in the head to add the posts data associated with the category in schema data. Can you please contact the Toolset plugin team and ask them if they are using any WordPress loop filter like loop_start, loop_end to modify the output?"

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Thank you for confirming.

This is exactly the issue. How our views plugin works is that it hooks into the wordpress content loop, so thats why its hooking into the header as well.

The Rank Math team is perhaps creating another default loop. A recommendation is that they can create a custom function to do their loop instead of the default wordpress one.

The reason is that any plugin that hooks into the default loop will hook into the header as well. For toolset we have the ability to hook into the default loop and into a custom loop as well given that the custom loop has a defined function.

Not much that we can do from our side, however recommending a custom loop be used is the best approach.

However what exactly is in your snippet area? is it some form of custom code that you added or is it something related to the plugin.

As you can just use this plugin below to add your snippets.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-css-js/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi again Shane.

It's related to the plugin.

I copied and pasted your answer in rankmath support post. Waiting for their answer.

Thanks again

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Thanks, hopefully they will provide a quick fix for this .

Thanks,
Shane

Shane... I'll write them again because they marked as solved the problem and it's not solved. This is their previous answer

----
I see the issue on your site and it looks like the Rich Snippet is causing the problem. For now, I’ve disabled the Rich Snippet for the Tipologias taxonomy by enabling the Remove Rich Snippet option in Dashboard >> Rank Math >> Titles & Meta >> Tipologias >> Remove Snippet Data. This seemed to have fixed the issue. Can you please confirm?

The Rank Math rich snippet code runs a WordPress loop in the head to add the posts data associated with the category in schema data. Can you please contact the Toolset plugin team and ask them if they are using any WordPress loop filter like loop_start, loop_end to modify the output?

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.
------

But... can you scale this to dev team?

Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I can escalate this to our team but it perhaps wont go far since the issue has already been identified with the SEO plugin you are using.

The problem is essentially not ours alone, any plugin that hooks into the wordpress content loop will without a doubt present the same issue so the SEO plugin's author will need to create a permanent fix on their end by using a custom loop output rather than the default one because our plugin relies on this to maintain compatibility with the themes.

So there isn't much that we can do on our side. Also what you can do is to add the suppress_filters="true" value inside your view where it is calling the content template for the view.

There should be something like [wpv-post-body template='my-template' suppress_filters="true]

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi again Shane. I'll try your suggestion but I must replicate the website before.

This is the answer of rank math team

---------
Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed this info to our developers and we will be reaching out in a short while with a status report on the way forward.

We appreciate your patience. Thank you.
--------------

Thanks for your kind help.

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Thank you.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.