Skip Navigation

[Resolved] values & display_values not working

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcusC-4 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Probably user error, but I cannot get the values & display_values to work on this filter. hidden link

Here is my shortcode: [wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="course-discipline" type="select" default_label="All Categories/Disciplines" url_param="wpv-course-discipline" values="csw-mft-mht,exam-prep,occupational-therapy,hand-therapy,physical-therapy,patient-education" display_values="CSW MFT MHT,Exam Prep,Occupational Therapy,Hand Therapy,Physical Therapy,Patient Education"]

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - when you try to add a taxonomy filter - taxonomy filter does not support the custom value as well as display_values. There is no such feature available as you can see with the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

You need to add normal taxonomy filter without value and display_values as its not supported.

Ok, thanks for the reply. Is there any way to remove one of the taxonomy options from my dropdown then? I don’t want to display them all.

Minesh
Supporter

which option you want to remove?

I want to remove Therapist In Your Pocket from the first dropdown.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - you can add the following JS code to your view's "search and pagination" section's JS box:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
 id = jQuery('input[name="wpv-course-discipline"]').attr('id');
jQuery("#"+id +" option[value='therapist-in-your-pocket']").remove();

});

Thanks for the snippet. I see what you’re going for here, but it isn’t working for me. I’ve tried adding spaces around the + signs and removing them, but nothing is working yet.

toolset-screenshot.jpg

Here is a screenshot of my settings.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you try the following - it should be select instead of input:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
 id = jQuery('select[name="wpv-course-discipline"]').attr('id');
jQuery("#"+id +" option[value='therapist-in-your-pocket']").remove();

});

It’s still not working for me. I’ll attach a new screenshot.

toolset-screenshot-2.jpg

Updated screenshot.

Minesh
Supporter

That is really strange. Can you please share access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.