Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using WooCommerce View for Existing WooCommerce Orders

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Yesterday, I had a chat with a Toolset tech. Unfortunately, the chat transcript was not emailed to me. So, I am resubmitting my questions ....

We set up a takeout service using WooCommerce at lettucerestaurant.com. We've already set up all of our food and beverage menu items as products. We are using the premium Gravity Forms Product Addons plugin to give our customers product options. We created gravity forms and attached them to each product. The system works well. However, for our cooks, we need to create a custom view displaying each order, the order's customer name, phone number, email address, and the purchased product(s) and their respective Gravity Form's data results.

During the chat yesterday, the tech informed me that I wouldn't have to create types, content templates, or CRED forms to do what the Gravity Forms plugin is already accomplishing. I could set up custom view(s) so long as the Gravity Forms Product Addons plugin is using custom post types and custom fields. Can you please show me how to create the custom view? Which shortcodes should I use in the Views editor to display the custom fields? I can find out the Gravity Form's custom field names from the database tables.

Thank you!

🙂 Eric

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Eric and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Sorry, I do not have tracks of previous chat sessions. I'll try to answer your questions and I can ask for the same supporter that was chatting with you if you would like.

how to create the custom view?
Using the new block editor, you can create a view block inside your page. On the block, you will choose the custom post type(orders in this case), the display style. You can then add fields from the order to your loop or use an (unassigned)content template to display each order of the loop.
Using the legacy editor. You will need to configure both editors on Toolset->Settings. This will add the Toolset->Views menu entry. And you can create a new view from there. The view wizard will help you choose the display styling, choose the usage(custom post type order), and configure search/filtering/pagination

Which shortcodes should I use in the Views editor to display the custom fields?
Check this page, it contains all the shortcodes that could be used inside a Toolset view or content template.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/

I can find out the Gravity Form's custom field names from the database tables.
The values will probably be saved on the orders as custom fields. Orders are saved in posts table and custom fields in postmeta table.

I hope this answers your questions. Let me know you feedback.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.