Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Views on WP RSS Aggregator Feed Items

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Using Views on WP RSS Aggregator plugin's wprss_feed_item post type.

Solution:
The only way to add the post type "wprss_feed_item" is by creating it using Types plugin from Toolset => Post Types and add new post type with the same slug wprss_feed_item

You should try to follow the following steps if that helps:
(Please try the steps on a test install not on your production site)
- Deactivate WP RSS Aggregator plugin
- Create a new post type using Types with the same slug (wprss_feed_item) from Toolset -> Post Types/
- And then reactivate WP RSS Aggregator plugin

Now you will be able to see CPT "wprss_feed_item " with Types post type listing as well as with views.

Relevant Documentation:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-convert-existing-custom-types-and-fields-to-types-control/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexG-4 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I'm using WP RSS Aggregator plugin - which mostly works fine.

I now want to create multiple displays that consist of different filtered views of combined Feed Sources.

This is possible using the plugin features, but it's going to require creating a large number of additional Feed Sources with the filters to get the result I want.

In effect, all I want to do is create various filtered views of their Feed Items post types - but my only access to that post type is through the Feed Source.

It occurred to me everything would be SO much simpler if I could just create Toolset Views on the Feed Items post type - and I could even dynamically do the filtering!

I didn't expect to see the Feed Item post type as an available Post Type in Views - and it isn't there. But I was surprised to see the Feed Sources IS there as an available post type (although it's of no use to me). So it seems something has been done to integrate with WP RSS Aggregator.

SO - my question is - is there any way to make the Feed Item post type available within Views? This would be SO, SO useful!

An alternative approach would be to use their Feed to post feature (as you describe here https://toolset.com/2019/03/import-content-post-typewp-rss-aggregator/). But it would be simpler all round to just have access direct to the Feed Items within Views.

Is that possible? Even with some (not too complex!) coding?

Thanks.

Alex

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The thing is that the WP RSS Aggregator plugin uses the post type wprss_feed_item to store the feed items but that post type is private to that plugin that is why its not showing up with the views or post type listing page.

The only way to add the post type "wprss_feed_item" is by creating it using Types plugin from Toolset => Post Types and add new post type with the same slug wprss_feed_item

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
You should try to follow the following steps if that helps:
(Please try the steps on test install not on your production site)
- Deactivate WP RSS Aggregator plugin
- Create a new post type using Types with the same slug (wprss_feed_item) from Toolset -> Post Types/
- And then reactivate WP RSS Aggregator plugin

Now you will be able to see CPT "wprss_feed_item " with Types post type listing as well as with views. This is the only way. Do you see this trick helps?

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-convert-existing-custom-types-and-fields-to-types-control/

Hi Minesh

That's exactly what I was looking for! I tried to find a suitable help topic but missed it.

It also explains how to handle the fields.

My issue is resolved now.

Thanks

Alex

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.