Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using: Update the Views results without reloading the page doesn’t show results?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When updating the results of a View with AJAX, the results are not displayed.

Solution: Add suppress_filters to the Content Template shortcode to prevent problems with Divi integration:

[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-my-view" suppress_filters="true"]

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by leandreJ 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to:
I created a view and expecting to prevent a page load for the results. It works when it is refreshing
but no results are displayed when using the setting: Update the Views results without reloading the page

I expected to see: the same behavior when the is displaying the same results, but after a page refresh

Instead, I got: blank

Hello, if you activate a default theme like Twenty Nineteen and deactivate all plugins except Types and Views temporarily, is the AJAX View working as expected? If so, please reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns.

If the View is not working as expected, can you open the browser console and let me know if any JavaScript errors appear? Let me know what you find out and we can go from there. I may need to see the problem on a test site to continue debugging.

Hello Christian,

I using the new Twenty Twenty theme and it works wonderfully. I tried this on the default Divi theme and it's not working anymore, no plugins activated yet except for Toolset Types and Views. Would you happen to know if there is a workaround or known conflicts Toolset has with Divi?

If you use Divi to design the Content Template applied to a View's loop, you may be able to fix the issue with a shortcode update. Try adding the suppress_filters attribute to any wpv-post-body shortcodes present in the loop of your View. For example:

[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-my-view" suppress_filters="true"]

That's the first thing I would try. Beyond that, I would have to see the problem in a browser (not a screenshot, a live site) to understand what's happening from a technical perspective, and provide some feedback.

Using Toolset with Divi:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

My issue is resolved now. Adding `suppress_filters` fixed it. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.