Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Tooset shortcodes (for dynamic e-mail) in Gravity Forms

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by peterB-20 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

It concerns a renovation project of a site with a lot of content (www.vds.nl). Because a lot custom post types where used I have migrated the old set up to Toolset.

One of the custom post types concerns the team with personal or generic e-mail addresses.

My question is: how to use the Toolset short code for the email address in Gravity Forms.

The Toolset short code for a linked email address is [types field='e-mailadres' item='@team-nieuws-new.parent'][/types] (left on the test site linked info@fentix.nl)
The Toolset short code for a raw email address is [types field='e-mailadres' output='raw' item='@team-nieuws-new.parent'][/types] (left on the test site raw info@fentix.nl)

The dev site is hidden link and the test form is on hidden link
The button "mail mij (form 101) is the test for sending a mail to the author of the news item, f.e. hidden link

Please advise,

Hi, I think this is a good question for the Gravity Forms support team. I'm not sure how to pass a dynamic email address into their software, but a quick search led me to these documents:
https://docs.gravityforms.com/using-dynamic-population/
https://docs.gravityforms.com/embedding-a-form/

If there is a shortcode approach, you might be able to use the Types field shortcode to pass a value into the Gravity Forms shortcode. I would ask their support team if it's possible to set the email address in a form using shortcodes.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your help! I already had asked for advice from GF as well and have read all the docs available.

The solutions they offered where a bit complex and inconclusive until now. For the long term a risk for the maintainability.
Anyway, I choose to work the other way round. I have added an extra custom field (field group) with the short code to the forms. With types the right form for the team member is selected after clicking the button. I big advantage is that we have stats for every team member from now.

Cheers
Peter

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.