Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Toolset Forms to edit content that was not created with a Toolset form

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi there,

We have a website where posts to a custom post type were created in wp-admin.

We would now like new posts to that custom post type to be allowed from the front end, using a Toolset form, and then edited from the front end, using a Toolset content edit form.

All of this has been set up, and is working correctly.

HOWEVER, my issue:

We would like to assign some pre-existing posts in this post type to other users, so that they can edit them from the front end using the Toolset edit form. Is this possible, please?

Many thanks,
Andrew.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The Toolset post editing form can be used to edit all posts from a post type, regardless of whether they were added through Toolset form or not.

As for changing the post author of a post, when a form is submitted, you'll need a custom function attached to "cred_save_data" hook.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data )

This reply includes a good example of a snippet that changes the post author to the user who submits the form:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-how-to-change-the-post-author-when-using-a-front-end-edit-form/#post-1197070

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.